Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Fall Fashion '15: The Staples


The weather here in Michigan has begun to cool off which means that I've officially started to transition out of the ol' summer closet. I'll always have a love affair with sundresses (alldayeveryday) during the sunshine months, but fall fashion just gets me in ways that no other season will. I love sweaters and tights and being layered. Fall is crisp and spicy, like my favorite apple-cinnamon candles.

I've always been really into thrifting for my wardrobe. Obviously it's way cheaper than buying clothes new from department stores, but it's also thrilling to stumble across cool pieces. Like new age treasure hunting. Plus, a lot of thrift stores donate proceeds to local community projects or charities which is all sorts of awesome.

After putzing around on Pinterest, I put together a reasonable list of staples that I wanted for my closet this season with a goal of spending no more than fifty dollars. Here's an account of what I found.




1. You don't say no to fitted, leather jackets under $10.

No matter the outfit, leather jackets ooze the "I'm a badass and not even trying" vibe like no other.

2. Comfy tee's are the ULTIMATE shirt staple.

They go with anything. You can wear them with a scarf and skinny's for coffee, or a skirt and the family jewels for a sultry night out.

3. Corduroy is cool again. 

I'm sure we all have pictures that we'd like to burn from when we were children and not in charge of our outfits. I was particularly scarred by a pair of brown, corduroy overalls and a hack-job to my bangs (thanks mom). However, there's a whole new world of potential for corduroy in different styles and colors these days.




4. Tall boots. Buy the tall boots.

Durable footwear is vital in the mitten when it rains/snows/hurricanes all at once without any notice. (Okay, maybe not hurricanes, but still. It gets bad.) Plus, they're hella cute and can even do wonders with leggings.

5. Speaking of leggings...


Love 'em, hate 'em, they're a renowned part of comfort culture. 




6. Long sweaters always look good with dresses.

Prolong the lives of your summer dresses by pairing them up with long, cozy sweaters!

7. My skirt addiction doesn't match the climate.

Even though the air is getting chillier, don't count skirts out! You can throw a skirt together with tights for a perfect, brisk-day ensemble.

8. Oh hey, more boots.

Can there be too many boots? No? Right on.

xo - E


What are some looks or pieces that you love for fall? Follow us on Pinterest and pin your own inspiration pieces to our community board Fearlessly Fall!

2 comments:

  1. Ladies - your entry to the blogging world is blowing my mind. So impressed by you! Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad that you're enjoying it! :) It's definitely been an awesome adventure so far.

      Delete

Thanks so much for the comment! We love hearing from you!